Establishing a KOORI Café based in Fitzroy, Melbourne
WhenFebruary 2012 - August 2012
JPC, through DEEWR's Indigenous Employment Program, has been assisting MAYSAR to see its dream of establishing the KOORI Cafe come to fruition. The activities that DEEWR has appointed JPC to assist MAYSAR with are detailed below.
- Establish best practice operational methodologies assisting the KOORI Café to either directly create jobs for Aboriginal Australians or support Aboriginal Australians to gain employment.
- Establishing long and short term goals for the business development;
- Identify the various target markets, key attributes of each market, and the pricing ceiling for each;
- Determine the most viable business model for the operation and successful management of this business;
- Identification of and securing partnerships with other organisations;
- Financial viability review and the estimated cash-flow, profit and loss, breakeven analysis and scenario analysis; and
- Ascertain the operational requirements of delivering the identified business model